The Y is for All Community Members
Everyone belongs at the Y, regardless of ability to pay. We are committed to ensuring every community member, has access to our Y. Our Financial Assistance program enables all individuals and families to become active members and participants at a rate that fits their budgets. This program is possible thanks to the many generous donors who support the YMCA’s Strong Kids Strong Communities Annual Campaign —100% of donations made to the Y help support kids, adults and families in our communities.
How long will the financial assistance continue?
Need for financial assistance is reassessed annually depending on the situation and is based on the calendar year.
How will the financial assistance amount be determined?
We have a fee scale, based on total household income and number of dependents, which assists in determining the amount of financial assistance you qualify for. We also consider special circumstances such as medical expenses or loss of employment.
In order to process your application, we need the following:
1. Proof of ALL household income, which includes:
- Copy of last year’s Tax Form 1040 – If you did not file taxes, submit a letter explaining your financial situation.
- Copy of your last 2 (two) pay stubs – Or verification of income from your employer, we will need verification of your spouse’s income if you are married.
- Verification of social security or disability checks – A letter or a copy of your bank statement showing the amount of the automatic monthly deposit.
- Copy of a statement verifying any dollar amount of State, Federal, or other assistance you receive – Such as food stamps, unemployment, etc.
- Verification of any child support you receive.
2. Copy of photo ID for each adult on the membership.
3. Proof of all legal dependents – Tax form 1040, birth certificate, or adoption /custody papers etc. Adult children up to age 25 may be on their parent’s family membership with either proof of full time student status or if the children appear on the tax form 1040.
4. Complete the Assistance Application and Income Worksheet – Applications must be complete.