The Jackson YMCA Mission is “to put Christian Principals into practice through programs that build healthy Spirit, Mind and Body for ALL.” We understand that there are people and families who are not able to join the Y because of financial reasons. We want to partner with people to make Y membership available. If you want to join but are unable to pay the full membership dues please read through the following information. You may then download the application form and bring it into the Y.
In order to process your application, we need the following:
1. Proof of ALL household income, which includes:
- Copy of last year’s Tax Form 1040 – If you did not file taxes, submit a letter explaining your financial situation.
- Copy of your last 2 (two) pay stubs – Or verification of income from your employer, we will need verification of your spouse’s income if you are married.
- Verification of social security or disability checks – A letter or a copy of your bank statement showing the amount of the automatic monthly deposit.
- Copy of a statement verifying any dollar amount of State, Federal, or other assistance you receive – Such as food stamps, unemployment, etc.
- Verification of any child support you receive.
2. Copy of photo ID for each adult on the membership.
3. Proof of all legal dependents – Tax form 1040, birth certificate, or adoption /custody papers etc. Adult children up to age 25 may be on their parent’s family membership with either proof of full time student status or if the children appear on the tax form 1040.
4. Complete the Assistance Application and Income Worksheet – Applications must be complete.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
How much will I pay? Assistance is awarded using a sliding scale designed to fit your financial situation. The amount of assistance you receive will be based on your gross income, and the number of dependants (based on IRS tax standards) in your household. There are no full scholarships. If you qualify, your assistance will be a discount amount between 10% and 50% off of the one time join fee and monthly membership fees. Once you are a member, you can also use your discount on program fees. The maximum discount on programs is 50%. The discount amount will come off of the member rate. To open your membership you will need to pay your join fee and the first month of dues.
How will I know if I qualify? Once your application is reviewed you will receive a phone call. If we cannot reach you, a letter will be sent to you. If your application is not complete, you will receive a phone call or letter to inform you of what is needed to process your application. Once you return the requested information, it may take up to an additional week to process. Incomplete applications will only be kept on file for 1 month. Please contact us immediately if your phone number or address changes. Applications are processed in the order that they are received. You will be contacted as soon as possible. You have 30 days from the day that you are contacted to come open your membership. After 30 days, the file will be destroyed and you will need to reapply.